Wednesday 8 February 2017

I was challenging Jesus and saw His power" Hindu Priest



Kosh Dahal a Nepalese Hindu priest
from the highest caste and son of a Hindu priest considered Jesus as unable to do much and never wanted to submit to a belief system he saw as of lower status.

“There was no caste higher than my caste,” he said in a YouTube video. “I didn’t want to mix with the people of the low castes.”

Thus he consistently dismissed a preacher who came to preach at his veterinary clinic in Kathmandu.

“He bothered me because I didn’t want to accept Jesus Christ. He kept coming and ministering the gospel. I kept rejecting him,” Dahal said. “One day I got challenged. I wanted to prove that Christianity is a fake religion. Jesus can’t do anything. I will ask your Jesus – 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes in the evening – if He is the real God, come on and touch me and change me for 30 days.”

He intended to file a complaint against the preacher with the police if Jesus did not respond in 30 days. By the third week Dahal who was dutifully praying had no answers yet and he warned Jesus that his time was running out.

At the end of the third week, the power of the living God struck.

“This power like a current of electricity came into me and began to run very fast,” Dahal remembered. “I was shocked. I was closing my eyes and opening my eyes, and I was very afraid. I kept saying, ‘Who is this? What’s happening to me? What’s inside of me running very fast?’”

It was an experience he had never had since his 30 years  of worshipping the Hindu pantheon of God's. 

"I was challenging Jesus" he recounted.  "Jesus sent the power. I began to say, " Wow,  Jesus has the power".  I believed that morning that Jesus Christ is real.  He really is the God who has mighty power.  He woke me up.  I cried.  I realised that Jesus Christ is real. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment